Tuesday, September 13, 2011

1st Day of Preschool

Davis, you are officially a PRESCHOOLER!


Over the weekend I took Davis to pick out new clothes for his school adventure, and it was SO interesting to see what he chose: a super-hero shirt, a dinosaur shirt and a robot shirt + 2 pairs of pants + a package of white socks + black shoes that light up. Ha!!! Before this first day he chose his outfit, we laid out his little backpack and Tim and I got emotional putting him to bed!!!


In the movie The Help, the main character tells a little girl "You are smart, you are kind and you are important" - I've started saying this to Davis every night and he asks me to explain what each word means. Tonight, he said it to me! "Mom, I am smart and my brain works good. I am kind. I'm a nice boy and I share my toys. I am 'portent cause you like to hear me." Growing up is entertaining!


After shoveling breakfast into his mouth, we headed out the door and Davis was SOOOO thrilled to wear his new outfit - I could tell he felt so cool ;) We ran into cousin Emmi beforehand and though they don't have the same class, it's great to greet her every morning!




Davis, you truly are SMART, KIND and IMPORTANT.


We love to watch you grow, hear what you have to say and hug you tight every night!


Go get 'em Mr. D!


Now what are Dyl and I going to do while you're away???


2 comments:

  1. Swear on everything... I cried when I read this post! You have the perfect way of writing things about your kids and your life it makes me so happy to read. Even though my little ones aren't yet at Preschool, I am emotional too just thinking about it! As their mommy I hope you remember that YOU are smart YOU are kind and YOU are so important! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a big boy - great job on the new school clothes Davis! Love this post - so sweet mommy :P

    ReplyDelete