Monday, November 21, 2011

18 Quick Months!

Dylann at 18 months? On the go! This lady is ACTIVE and INDEPENDENT! She's constantly moving, ever-running and scaling anything with height. Making a HUGE mess is child's play over here and is done in a matter of SECONDS. Luckily Davis is a good tattletale and Dylann is a good helper - She loves to put things into other things (sometimes toys into a bin, other times it's empting the entire spice rack into the garbage can or placing every pantry item onto the living room rug...)


If Dylann loves you, she calls you Mama, and it doesn't matter if you are male or female - Mama is Dyl's pet name for adults she likes ;) Dylann is friendly - She says hi or hello to all that pass, and Tim's favorite: Hi doggy! to every 4-legged furball - She is DOG-OBSESSED and chased around a pekingese for 20 mins at the park today :) She loves the water and lays on her tummy stretched out in the bathtub so she can put her face under and blow bubbles. She's a good swimmer in the pool and has no fear when it comes to jumping right in (I often bring HER a change of clothes when we go to Davis' lessons...).


I love when Dylann says apple and often she asks for one to carry and gnaw on around the house. She loves to poke at the mud in our frontyard, stops in her tracks to admire helicopters in the sky and laughs out loud at tv shows. She sucks her thumb and her best friends are Davis and her 2 silky blankies. Dyl surprises me with all she knows and I die when this GIRL, with full doe eyes, says "shooz?" while toting her favorite pair for me to put on. Dylann is rough and tumble and can hang with just about any 3 year old boy, but definitely asserts her femininity when appropriate!


I can't say enough about this girl's personality - She is fun and goofy, smart and sassy, and I could watch her explore all day - She picks up the tiniest things and inspects them, she learns so fast watching Davis' every move and instantly catches on to his games. Music makes an instant dance party, a tumble off the couch makes her giggle and she mastered a sommersault all on her own! Dylann my dear, I have NEVER met a girl like you and frankly, I don't think I ever will! We love you Dyllie Pickle!

2 comments:

  1. Time is going by way too fast!! 18 months really?!? She is a doll and I love her giggly little fashionista pictures!! So adorable :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a FIRECRACKER and a FUTURE ALL-AMERICAN!!! We love her, even Bo, he just doesn't know it yet. Poor Dyl...but let's be honest, she'll be taller than him @ the next meeting anyways!

    ReplyDelete