Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Sleep-Over


While Tim, Dylann and I headed up to Paso Robles over the weekend, Davis got a dose of life without us! He got to spend TWO WHOLE NIGHTS at the Franklin's house! As I drove over to drop him off, I got teary - I've only spent 4 nights away from him EVER and this was a big kid thing he was about to embark on... A Sleep-Over! Doesn't he look distraught?


I assumed he would be okay when I saw the plush aerobed setup right between Kyle and Emmi's beds, but I had no idea it would go so smoothly. Kate, Adam and the girls treated this guy like a King! It is so reassuring to know Davis has another HOME where he is so comfortable and loved. How could he not feel happy around these gorgeous girls?


Kate kept these kids busy! They made art, ate treats, played on the slip n' slide and bounced their brains out in the backyard bounce house.
Honestly, who has a bounce house like this?

This kid was in HEAVEN.

When Dylann and I came to pick up our big, independent guy, he ran to the door and yelled "Baby Dylann!!!" then crawled right in her carseat to squeeze/smooch her brains out! It was adorable and I was so relieved he missed us even though he would like to move in permanently with the Franklins ;) Heck, I think I do too!

So after a few meltdowns while getting adjusted back at home, Davis finally caved, climbed onto my lap and put his hands around my neck, then said "Mama, miss you." I LOVE YOU DAVIS! I am so proud of you for being so good while we were gone.
And Kate, thank you for treating Davis like gold! You guys truly are Davis' second home.

2 comments:

  1. How fun, what a great sis you have!! Seeing how close you and Kate are makes me want Addison to have a little sister :) I just love your relationship and although I love my brothers I always wanted a sister! What a great first sleep-over party! I imagine there will be many more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't we lucky to have such amazing sisters!?!?! Not only do we benefit from it, but so do our kiddos. Rylie is OBSESSED with her cousins! There's nothing better than leaving them knowing that they are COMPLETELY stoked to be away from you! So great that Kate is back! What a great family you have!!!

    ReplyDelete