Each morning this week the convo around here has gone like this:
Colleen: "Good morning sweet boy!"
Davis: "Hi Momma... What we dooooing?" (as in what are we doing today)
Colleen: "Um... errands and laundry! Woo hoo!"
Davis, with a pleading expression on his face: "Animals pleeeeeeeease? Zoo? Zoo please? See the animals please!! See birds? See sheepies? See zebra? Zoo please?"
Well, I finally gave in and our threesome perused the penned up at the Orange County Zoo.
Davis ventured solo into the goat paddock, brushing and petting while Dylann and I watched from outside the gate. This kid likes animals. So much so I honestly think he can speak their language cause they really like hime back. Eventually I coaxed him out so we could see other things, but before we left we fed them some grain...
Davis: "Sticky tongues momma!"
Momma: "Oooh yeah, funny!" (as in Yes, feeding goats is kinda slobbery/gross actually)
After the zoo (they have a great FREE storytime I highly reccomend! The docent read books on bears and we got to feel real bear fur which even I thought was cool) we played in the leaves, ate snacks and checked out the ducks before our drive home.
Happy Friday!
Orange County has a zoo? Wha??? I am such a bad mom! Ha!
ReplyDelete