Sunday, January 9, 2011

Davis Does Good!


I've quickly learned that 2 year olds need (and get) alot of guidance ...

"No going in the street!"
"Do not shine the flashlight in people's eyes!"
"3 more bites!"
"We go peeps ON the potty!"
"Don't touch that please!"
"Caps on the markers right now!"
"No pushing!!!"
"Hands to yourself!"

I am always telling this kid what not to do! And getting him to listen to the guidance Tim and I so often try to bestow requires negative reinforcement at times... No TV is HUGE and the end of the world. Taking away Buzz LightYear or Lightening McQueen is equally devastating. A timeout? A temporary fix.

But life cannot be all bad, so I followed fellow-mom Annika and started a sticker chart, which is a HIT! Davis loves to earn a star sticker for being a GOOD BOY and for every 10 he adheres, he gets a prize! Right now we are working toward a day at Disneyland, which equals 30 stickers...


Raising a 2 year old is tricky! I just hope a sticker chart works for 16 year olds...

3 comments:

  1. Totally Stealing this idea! Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stickers are the BEST! They totally work (for a while at least!) Go Davis! I hope you get to go to Disneyland super soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gooooooooooo, Davis-bop!I think you should get an extra star for being such a good friend to Bo-Bo. He saw your wild cheetah picture on the fridge and called out your name!!! He misses u. : )

    ReplyDelete