Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gettin' Earthy


In honor of Earth Day, Davis and I got green and visited the flower fields in Carlsbad to check out some botany...




Davis did his part this Earth Day: He ate organic produce, notified me of all recycling receptacles and tried to reduce his carbon footprint by running...


The flowers were indescribable and we spent 3 hours exploring the grounds...




We got lost in a Sweet Pea Maze for 40 mins. Luckily Davis thought it was hysterical...


The tractor ride was the highlight of the day and Davis learned how to say a new word: Twacktor! The operator even gave him a driving lesson!




Today I really just enjoyed Davis' company - I felt like I was there with a tiny best friend and we were totally in sync. He was happy and funny and busy and chatty. While walking up through the fields, he stopped babbling, said "Momma?", then reached up, grabbed my hand in his and we kept walking. It made my heart sing to march along hand-in-hand with my favorite kid on the planet.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those days when it just feels like you have your best buddy hangin' out with you!!!! You look so great, Colleen! I can't wait to see your baby GIRL!

    ReplyDelete