Saturday evening we escaped to a little piece of paradise... Balboa Island. I have only the fondest memories of this place as a child and they were all relived with a child of my own yesterday. The weather was perfect and it felt almost magical to be there with my two favorite guys...
I love this pic because a fantastic woman grabbed the camera out of Tim's hand and said "Get in that photo! I'll take a picture of the FOUR of you!" - Yes, all 4 of the Dubosts, SMILE!
Davis was in awe on the ferry ride to The Fun Zone on Balboa - Cars and people on the same boat, what a concept! His little heart was beating out of his chest - If he only knew what lies ahead...
My favorite arcade game has hands-down always been Skeeball - I just can't resist, and used to dominate this arcade as a kid (well, I sure thought I did). In the spirit of competition, Tim and I forced Davis to be referee from his stroller while we battled head-to-head in a Skeeball shoot out. Though Tim was total score champion (how in the world did this happen?), we tied for high score and I demand a rematch.
Tim was so pumped to teach Davis how to bonk sharks with a mallet and chuck a wicked Skeeball... Only a few made it onto the ramp but I was impressed at our lefty's strong arm!
Our last stop before heading back to the car on the ferry: The Balboa Candy Shop! Barrels and barrels of tempting treats and you better believe it that we stuffed our pockets full for the ride home.
Goodnight Balboa... Thank you for being as fun today as you were 20 years ago!
P.S. Click on any of the pics to view them larger ;)
Looks like so much fun Colleen!!
ReplyDelete