Friday, March 19, 2010

Pedal Power


Dana Point Harbor is a short drive away, and today it felt like an escape to vacation-ville. Kelley and her kids, Ayden and Layla, made the haul up from San Marcos for a playday. We packed up our bikes, straped in the kiddos and cycled along the coast from the Harbor. Aahhh! I never felt so unpregnant as I did riding that bike! I actually felt light, a miracle!


Davis was a doll in his helmet exclaiming "Weeeeeeeee!" everytime we took a bump or turn. He also found it quite humorous to lift up my shirt from his rear view of my rear view, yikes!


Ayden and Layla are true adventurers and Davis followed suit when we pit-stopped at Doheny beach. Their garbage can drum band made a racket and the driftwood sticks were a hit, till some eye poking occured, ouch!


Kelley, thanks for all your help with heavy lifting today and for making the effort to come up - We've got some pedal power goin' on!

2 comments:

  1. i can't believe what a stud you are! i wish i could take baby #1 on a bike ride to DP while pregnant with baby #2! xo
    ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so much fun Colleen. We should try it again before this baby girl arrives. I will scope out the Carlsbad ride and see if it is something we can handle! Cute Blog~

    ReplyDelete